Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden update

So my plants are doing OK!! Which is great because after the cold, rainy start they got and then being gone for a week I wasn't sure what I'd be left with. But they are going strong :) My tomatoes have pulled through I think ...... with the wet cold they looked pretty awful but now with all the warmth they are going fast and best of all, all four of them have these pretty little flowers on them, hopefully they will turn into baby tomatoes soon!

My basil exploded. When we left for vacation (will blog about that next!) it was little a little puny, but I cam e back and it had taken off!
My Old Fashioned Goliath
My better boy
Oh my squash, they aren't growing so fast. They are still pretty small but they have a ton of unopened buds on them so maybe I will get squash from a little plant??we will see
My strawberry plants are doing great. Here is a sweet little flower before I had to pluck it :( Because of the kind of berries they are I have to pluck the buds/flowers until July 1st so they won't set fruit the first harvest. But then I can let them go and hope that they produce a few for the late harvest.
And my bush cucumber plant actually looks good :) and as you can see here has blooms starting to open... they are small as well though.
Planters I put together when I got home this past weekend, my front porch needs some color
My caladora Lily's look great!
And my wave petunias exploded as well. Can't believe not too long ago these were tiny plants.

0 comments: