Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in Bama

I'm going to try to play catch up before it's impossible:) Last week we were in Alabama. That's where I'm from and where all of my dad's side of the family lives. (Alabama and Georgia) So last Wed. morning we packed up and headed on the road. The trip was great! Lily did so good, barley cried a bit and Henry road with my dad a lot of the time and was great as well. Kyle and I love road trips so the trip wasn't so bad!
It took us about 10 hours on the way down because we stopped, a lot, and for a long time. But we finally arrived and enjoyed ever busy minute we were there. In that family between, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins we have about 37 or so people. Most were there. I miss them so much since we only see them at most, twice a year, so every minute is loved.
For those of you who don't know Kyle (and about every other guy down there) are hunters. Well Kyle hasn't had much luck this year. Last year he got his first deer, a doe, and was so happy. But since then he hasn't even seen a deer the times he has been out. I'm afraid he was getting really frustrated and down about it. So when we go to Bama it in the country, much like where Kyle and I would like to live one day:) And everyone has land. Well Kyle took this opportunity to go hunting twice on my grandfathers land. The second morning he went out and called me soon after he was in the woods. And what do you know!! He got his first buck!! Big big deal!! I was so happy for him!!!! Now it is being processed and we will have a freezer full of venison (yes we eat them and yes they are delicious!! and much better for you than cows!!) and a deer head on our wall in July.:) And for those of you who really know us, it shouldn't surprise you one bit that we will have a deer head mounted on our wall:)
OK here are some cute pics from the trip. I didn't get a whole lot because, well, I did have two babies to chase around all week:)








I know, none of Henry. But he is getting harder and harder to photograph. He just doesn't stop long enough!!! Christmas pictures coming soon!!

0 comments: