Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ladies.

OH MY. A house full of little ladies is the last thing I ever saw for myself. But it doesn't take long to realize the assumptions for my life and God's plan don't always match up :) And since I've learned that His ways are soooooo much better than any that I could plan on my own I am thrilled with what He has in store for our family!
It also amazes me when riding up the elevator how even with the fourth baby, it just never gets old. I still had butterflies in my belly, I still couldn't wait to see the baby and make sure everything was OK. The moment the tech put wand on my belly I could help but be amazed at that sweet baby that popped up on the screen. My practice waits until you are 20 weeks to do the ultra sound. Waiting so long is hard. My old practice did it around 18 weeks so two more weeks feels like soooo long!! But every time we actually do it I am thankful. They are soooo much bigger two weeks later. It is amazing the difference it makes. And she was soooooo active! I mean crazy. Ever since I've been feeling her I have been telling Kyle how crazy she is. It was fun to actually see her being like I feel her. I mean really so wriggly. The tech even had a hard time getting good pictures of all four chambers of the heart at one time because she wouldn't stay still enough to get a still picture. :) She was busy opening and shutting her mouth, crossing her little feet and putting her little hands up by her face. She was also cuddled right into the placenta. Making it a little tough to get a good face shot of the lady. And yes, for yall who had to hear me worry about not feeling her for so long, my placenta theory was correct. It is anterior. Making a nice little barrier between me and her.
Kyle just smiled when we finally got a good shot that proved her to be a little girl. :) The tech made a comment about him being out numbered and he said " Girls are great, I just love my girls". :) He is happy. He even made the comment it is just how he feels it should be, that it would have been weird for it to be a boy this time lol He is such a great daddy and man!
So we have a sweet baby girl on the way and we couldn't be happier!! Praise God for His miracles!!

5 comments:

katy said...

Glad to hear that she is healthy and that you all are so excited for another little girl! Henry is going to be well versed in women by the time he is a little man! :)

Lindsay said...

Congrats Jenn! So happy for another healthy baby girl! Can't wait to hear her name. Will it be another "ee" sound on the end? Praying for 20 more healthy weeks!

Jenn's Blog said...

thanks so much girls!!! Lindsay, our number one name does end with an "ee" sound and the other one doesn't lol it would sound funny with the three "ee"s and then one that isn't :)

eva said...

We are trying to get some info on a story about one of the Armour "boys" who went out west from Chicago to find a wife, he ended up marrying a servant girl from one of the ranches. The girl was a cousin to the manager of the Armour ranch, the manager had 4 or 5 daughters himself. He took this girl in after her parents died, she became a servant. We think this was in the early 1900's. This was a lovely love story, the Armour boy told this girl he would return in 1 year to marry her. He had someone watch her during the year and she proved to be a virtuous woman. Would you happen to know any thing about this story. It is a beautiful story and We would love to know their names or more detail. Thanks Eva

eva said...

We are trying to find out if any one is fimiliar with the story of one of the Armour "boys", in the early 1900's,who went out west from Chichgo to find a wife. A servant girl caught his eye.She was a cousin whom the manager(of the Armour ranch)took in after her parents died, he had 4 or 5 daughters himself. The Armour boy asked her to mary him and he would return in one year to get her. Do you know what their names were? It is a beautiful love story. Thanks