Thursday, November 18, 2010

Change.....

So I have really know that something needed to change with our mornings. I usually sleep as late as I can until one or two little ones wake me up. I get them up not with a spirit of excitement to see them, but with "how could you bother me a wake me up" attitude. There is nothing worse. I feel like the day was taking on me instead of me taking on the day. What do I need to do? Sadly I know what I need to do. But I'm really not looking forward to it. I need to get up at 6am, before anyone else. I need to have my time with God, pray, get ready for the day, make some coffee for Kyle and I and then be able to greet my children with a spirit of warmth instead of reacting to them interrupting my sleep. Goodness this is going to be terrible, because I am not so good at getting myself out of bed until I must. Once I'm up I'm so glad to be and my day goes so much better. But actually getting my hiney out of bed, not so much. But this is my new goal. Because I want something different for my family. I want our mornings to be sweet, not rushed, and not stressful. I want my children to feel loved and treasured. Not a nuisance. Here goes nothing!!

1 comments:

katy said...

What a lofty goal! You are definitely convicting me as well on getting up earlier. :) Let me know how it goes!