Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thankful

Thankful...... I could not be more thankful in this season of my life. If I try to list things I am thankful for I get overwhelmed because there is just so much. I also tend to get overwhelmed because in the midst of being so so blessed I still go through my seasons of not being satisfied and times of frustration with this amazing life I have been given, then that makes me sad. But no matter what my sinful flesh wants, I know in my soul I have an amazing life, if for nothing else but that I know Jesus and He is my Savior. Here is my short list because I don't want to miss an opportunity to actually list the things I am so grateful for.


My home, shelter over our heads.
Water whenever we choose
Extra money left over, no matter how much, after bills are paid.
Four extraordinary children who I couldn't love any more than I do, even when we are in a season of change.
An amazing husband that takes such good care of me and His family and He loves the Lord.
Wonderful family that supports us and loves us. All of them.
Friends, oh my wonderful friends that we are blessed to do life with.
Two cars in our family
My husband has a job and his a hard worker
We have clothes, gobs of clothes to put on our backs
The loud chaos that mostly fills our house, no matter how sometimes it may drive us crazy, it means that we have a home filled with family and love.
We have a church home that we love, that preaches the gospel and we can fellowship and learn within it's walls.
I could go on and on and on.

Oh my goodness we have so much to be thankful for. My prayer, especially now, is that my eyes not grow dim to my amazing life. That my want for things not cloud my unveiled eyes that Jesus has granted me.


0 comments: