Friday, February 3, 2012

back with it...

Well as of yesterday I am 11 weeks and finally beginning to feel like a somewhat normal person again. My sickness is MUCH better! And that is saying a lot since I had been sick really all day before. I'm tired, oh so tired, but things are much better!


So much has happened in our little lives as you can imagine, and of course being down and out meant not many pics either. But here are a few of Henry's party, it was wonderful! He has a blast and the fire department was wonderful. They made it very special.




In other news I think it has just hit me that we start school soon :) I mean soon as in September but still, soon!! I'm super excited about homeschooling this year, and Henry is thrilled as well. I've started really narrowing down my curriculum preference and even looking for a table and chairs and chalk board for our school room. I know this will bring a ton of changes for our days but I'm looking forward to watching Henry learn, he couldn't be more excited about learning to read! Just recently I've had a little bit of anxiety about have four other little people to care for while doing this but I know it will work out. I'm not the first to ever try :):)

Things are good and I will take them while they are. Hopefully I can get on it and get some photos, that is my next goal so far :)

4 comments:

Madonna said...

I'm not sure what reading curriculum you're thinking about, but I've only heard positive things about All About Reading. http://bit.ly/x1nGGE Everything is all planned out for you. I'm personally leaning towards it for Ethan.

Jenn's Blog said...

I'm leaning heavily toward the memoria press curriculum (the curriculum the Latin school uses) I really really like their phonics, etc. But I also really like My Fathers wold science so I'm thinking about just supplementing the memoria with some other fun stuff :)

Madonna said...

We thought about sending Ethan to Highland Latin, but it just won't work with the pocketbook...if you know what I mean. I didn't realize you could buy their stuff. Everything is planned out, so nice.

katy said...

I can't wait to hear about your homeschooling experience. Not sure if I am going to go that route, but I am open to it!