Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Women's Choice Banquet...

Last Thursday night was the annual banquet for A Women's Choice Resource Center and Necole's Place. It was awesome! I know every year we are in for great speakers and moving testimonies. But this one was even better. Our main speaker was Ryan Dobson. He was truly amazing. I knew he would be good but who ever thought that he would be as good as his dad, who is one of my family, life, and parenting heroes, but he was. He spoke the truth and spoke it strong. He was wonderful. Bob Russel was another speaker who is always great. Becky Edmonson spoke for a moment and she is full of energy for the Lord and for the unborn. And one of our girls from Necole's Place gave her testimony which had us all in tears. Who am I kidding , we were all in tears the who time! But the biggest surprise and most wonderful part was that their was an unexpected guest, Dr. James Dobson was there!!!! He was in town just by coincidence, for a conference. Everyone at the center hoped that he would end up coming in for a visit that night, but none of us were holding our breath. God is good. He gave him the chance to come, see his son speak, visit theses centers, and a chance for all of us to get to see him. I was sooo thrilled. I can't explain to you how excited I was. I just love him. I own so many of his books and listen to him on the radio almost every day. What a treat that was. And to top it all off the group at our table was wonderful. The fellowship and conversation was priceless. What a wonderful night for so many people to be together to help support the saving of all those babies and their moms. By the end of this year A Women's Choice and most of all God will be responsible for saving over 500 babies. I can't think of a better reason to get together and enjoy a evening!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn I love the Dobson's also, I have 3 or 4 of Dr. James Dobson's books about boys. They are wonderful and really helped me. It sounds like you had a great time. I would have loved to hear Dr. Dobson speak. how great.

Love you Aunt Lee Ann