Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweetness....

Doncha just love little babies?? I mean yes, they are sooo much work. Lot's of diapers, lots of attention, lots of sleep (during the day!) lots of not sleeping at night. But there is just nothing quite like those few weeks you get of just snugly baby. They are just never that snugly again ya know? Even if they are snugly toddler (which mine are not) that is the only time that they NEED to snuggle. That's about all they can do anyway:)

There is something so sweet and sacred about mommy's and their babies. I'll never forget how amazed I was after having my first at how, even so small, they know who their mama's are. They can smell you and sometimes (heck most times) you are what they want. They follow your smell, they follow your voice, they want to be snuggled under your chin, no one else. And even though this little girlie is my third, it just doesn't get old! Perhaps, it is even more sweet because I know, first hand, how short lived this stage is. Soon she will be more interested in her surroundings, more curious, and more mobile. But for now, I am her everything and I like that.

I can't help but know that this is how it was perfectly designed. God knew after carrying these small miracles in our belly's and our hearts that we would want to hold them close after finally meeting them. That our love for them trumps being tired and weary. That no matter what these babies could depend on us for everything.

So as I go through my busy day, I try to remember just how sweet my little Callie is. To hold her tight, to kiss on that sweet head, and soak up every moment. Because in a blink it's gone.

4 comments:

Jackie Bragg said...

So true! I am right there with you girl. I love every minute of it! I could just sit and snuggle my babies all day.

I hope things are going well. I would love to get together sometime. My schedule is finally calming down and we are getting back into a school routine. Just let ken know.

Jackie Bragg said...

Just let me know! :)

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Well put my friend. :)

Unknown said...

i'm feeling the same way! it goes by way too fast!