Friday, October 30, 2009

Five years and a million blessings!







Can you even believe it's been five years since this day??!! I really can't. I was thinking about it and in sooo many ways it seems just like yesterday. Now mind you I do not think that I look like it was yesterday but it does feel that way. And then, on the other hand, sooo much has happened over the course of the five wonderful years I have been married to my amazing husband. Who knew you could cram buying a house, four career moves between the two of us, three children, lots of ups, a couple downs, and about a trillion other things into five years of marriage?

I distinctly remember this day. Sooo vividly. It was a wonderful day. Everything went perfect. And by that I do not remember if everything was as "should be" or not. I do remember being so estactic to be marring Kyle that, that was about all that really mattered. I remember being so hopeful about our future. Feeling giddy just saying the word "husband" and wearing that band on my left hand. I remember how special it was. I could just look at my left hand forever :-)
I prayed that those things would never get mundane. That I would never just take for granted the wonderful gift of my husband or marriage. And let me tell you, that anytime I start to feel like these things are "normal" or "everyday" I pray and ask God to give remind me of how amazing my life and marriage is, and He does. I know that is how I love my husband the same, only more right this moment. I am more excited about our marriage, our future, our right now, and my wedding band as I was on this day five years ago. We are my life. Everything that happens starts with us. Under God we are the most important thing to each other. And I am so thankful for that. The way that I think about adoring my children, I think about and adore my Kyle. I love his eyes, his lips, his strength. I love the way he loves me. I could have never imagined being so in love with him, but I am. And I choose to be that way. Through the power of the Holy Spirit I am in love with him like I could have never imagined being, even on that faithful day I could have never imagined it being like this!

Kyle, I love you. I love you like I could have never expected too. And our life together means more to me than I could ever express to you. I am honored to be your wife, your helpmate, and your friend. I pray everyday to be the wife that you deserve. Thank you for being such an amazing man. A amazing father and friend. What I lack, you fill in. As much as I can't wait for the next 50 years, even more I am enjoying right now, this minute in our marriage. How blessed we are!!!!!!



0 comments: