Thursday, July 14, 2011

Letting Jesus in..........

Oh my goodness. In our Bible study last week we received a little book/pamphlet, I mean tiny to read during the week. I had not really looked at it until today when Callie picked it up and bought it to me. I took this as a sign and began to read. I cried with ever single topic. What a wonderful little book. So wonderful in fact that I think I may need to copy each "room" for you. See this book is entitled "My Christ's Home." and is all about what it looks like to put Christ in the drivers seat of your life.

Here is the first "room".

This is from "My Christ's Home" by Robert Boyd Munger

"After Christ entered my heart, in the joy of that new-found relationship, I said to him. "Lord, I want this heart of mine to be yours. I want you to settle down here and be fully at home. I want you to use it as your own. Let me show you around and point out some of the features of the home so that you may be more comfortable. I want you to enjoy our time together. " He was glad to come and seemed delighted to be given a place in my ordinary little heart."

The Study
The first room we looked at together was the study-the library. Let us call it the study of the mind. Now in my home this room of the mind is a small room with thick walls. But it is an important room. In a sense, it is the control room of the house. He entered with me and looked around at the books in the bookcase, the magazines on the table , the pictures on the walls. As i followed his gaze, I became uncomfortable. Strangely enough, I had not felt bad about this room before, but now that he was there with me looking at these things, I was embarrassed. There were some books on the shelves his eyes were too pure to look at. On the table were a few magazines a Christian has no business reading. As for the pictures on the walls-the imaginations and thoughts of my mind-some of these were shameful.
Red faced I turned to him and said, "Master, I know this room really needs to be cleaned up and made over. Will you help me shape it up and change it to the wall it ought to be?"
"Certainly," he replied. "I'm glad to help you! I've come to handle thinks like this! Fist of all, take all the materials you are reading and viewing which are not true, good pure and helpful , and throw them out! Now put on the empty shelves the books of the Bible. Fill the library with the Scriptures and meditate on them day and night. As for the pictures on the walls, you will have difficulty controlling these images, but I have something that will help." He gave me a full-sized portrait of himself. " Hang this centrally," he aid, "on the wall of the ming." I did and I have discovered through out the years that when my thoughts are centered on Christ, the awareness of his presence, purity and power causes wrong and impure thoughts to back away. So he has helped me to bring my thoughts under his control, but the struggle remains.
If you have difficulty with this little room of the mind, let me encourage you to bring Christ there. pack it full with the Word of God, study it, meditate on it and keep clearly before you the presence of the Lord Jesus."

That was just the Study! Each room gets better and better :) more to come.....

0 comments: