Saturday, July 2, 2011

Were did the last month go??

Goodness, we have been sooooo busy! And I suppose it a good thing but my, I feel like we have been on overdrive. We have had some wonderful fellowship with some wonderful ladies and kiddos, and Henry has had swim lessons everyday at 1 for the past two weeks. He is finished and is swimming like a champ. Lily is next :) Thus the reason we have been super busy.

God has been super present here recently. There are always times in our walk with him when he seems silent, but there are times as well when he is super present teaching you things and leading you in obvious way. This is one of those times. He has been really pushing me to dig deeper with Him. To leave the safety of my norm and open my life up to him completely. I was ask to be a discussion leader for the fall Bible study. This is an exciting thing bt also completely scary for me. It is some major commitment and responsibility. Also I am not one to love change so much. God is teaching me everyday to take life as He gives it and enjoy where I am when i am there. But leaving the comfort of my small group, the ease of just coming in every week with no worries, was defiantly on my mind. So as I prayed about it I knew that God wanted me to say yes. So with concerns and all I said yes. I continued to pray about my uncertainty and worries. So then just like Him to give you what you need, I started summer Bible study this week. Wow. I love it when God comes through just plain as can be. I am in a new group this summer, a blend of a few old wonderful girls from the previous group and a new group. Well my dear friend is our discussion leader and let me tell you she is such an answer to prayer. She is a wonderful leader who really takes her responsibility seriously. And I walked out of there more pushed and encouraged than ever!!
I have also been very convicted about deepening my relationships. I have some wonderful friends but in all honesty it is really easy to become very superficial in our relationships. To not deepen and be real. But I have been feeling very pushed to move those in that way and to find community, live life like the church in Acts, how it is meant to be lived out. Anyway to make a long story short, He has shown up again in a big way. Not long after my convictions about that were there many opportunities to get together with wonderful women, get real, and glorify God. It has been refreshing!
So although life has been busy, and spiritually it has been busy, I have never felt so full and connected. I am thankful for this time. I know there will always be silent valleys but I will enjoy the climb and the peak while I am there :)
Here is my sweet little 9 month old gal. She is quite a sweety!
We are enjoying summer to the max. We are brown from being in the sun so much and enjoying the bounty of fruit available right now ;)
Kyle and I have been enjoying the nice evenings on our back deck, we've had some beautiful sunsets.

Just had to throw this in because I love them and this pic!
Sometimes it's hard to keep them all together and still after I get them out of the shower, until you put on Veggie Tales that is :)

0 comments: