Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hannah Jane's Arrival....Pt 2

OK so anyway, I could feel my legs and that was great. My greatest fear of an epidural is that I will be totally numb and wouldn't be able to move at all.... thankfully all the epidurals I have had that has never happened. Anyway I was super comfortable and happy :) Then my Dr came over to check me. OK WARNING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW A LITTLE GROSS INFO STOP READING HERE .. So she checked me and sure enough I was complete only my water had not broken, which probably saved me from having to deliver an hour before. She was laughing about how full and bulging the bag of water was and took her finger nail and scratched it lightly and all of a sudden it burst and I mean burst everywhere. All over her the nurse and probably 4 or 5 feet across the floor. LOL I have never seen anything like that. And she called it too because during one of my last apts she had said she didn't think Hannah was all that huge but that I was full of a lot of fluid. She was right :)

So after that I pushed twice :) and she was out. Out and perfect. I was so so so excited that Baptist finally adapted Kangaroo Care and this was the first baby I had a chance to do it with. I had talked to the nurses about it and they were going on and on about how wonderful it had been. How it had changed the experience in the birthing rooms because the babies really didn't cry because they were on their mama's. Well all that said Hannah cried for about 2 hours after she was born :) She showed them I guess. While all I could do was smile, I thought we were in for it with this one. I figured she might be a little loud baby. But then after that i guess she got it out because she really didn't cry much at all the rest of her little life. (well this is day six so this far :) She is a super sweet sweet baby and loves to cuddle, loves her mama, and loves to be held. She is so so good and I am so thankful for that. Like I said, such a blessing and God knew exactly what was good for our family, she is a HUGE answer to prayer. 

The kids just adore, and I mean adore her. This is the first time I've had ones old enough to actually be helpful and let me tell you how great that had been. Henry loves to help with her and Lily is such a mommy. She makes my heart smile. She is totally my baby sitter and loves to hold and cuddle her sister. The best part is that when I give Hannah to her since she doesn't smell like me she will calm down and most times go to sleep. :) Callie is in love with her and even Sidney is super sweet and has not shown (so far) any real signs of being more jealous of her than anyone else in the family. The thankfulness I have in my heart for my life, my family, to the Lord , there is just no words for it!



























2 comments:

katy said...

Beautiful, so precious! Thanks for sharing your story on here! Okay, I admit it, I am jealous. ;) We need to get our insurance going and find a place to live because I am ready for baby #3, lol! :)

The Dursts said...

Loved reading your story, Jennifer! I was so excited to do the Kangaroo Care with Kathryn too--it was a precious experience. You and all of your little ones are just beautiful! Congrats!