Tuesday, September 25, 2007

24 Hours Away...






























So last Friday, we took a small trip to Buckhorn Lake state park in Eastern Kentucky. I'm talken eastern eastern Kentucky, almost to Virginia. It was beautiful. It was also our first 24 hours away from Henry since he's been born. It was hard at first but I knew he was in good hands(my mom) and we really enjoyed the time we got to spend together! We had dinner at the resort on Friday night. Then on Saturday morning we went on a Elk tour, didn't see any elk but had fun all the same. And the we went back to the lake to fish a little and then made our way home through the beautiful mountains. This was the view from our room. It really doesn't even do it justice. And that fish picture is my beautiful largemouth bass the I caught. The lake was beautiful! It was crystal clear. As you were fishing you could see your lure all the way through the water. When I caught this one I actually could see the fish swim up and hit the spinner. It was great!



Here is sweet little Henry who is now crawling full out!!! He looks like a little robot because even though he crawls he isn't very coordinated yet, it's so funny. A whole new world for me now that he is mobile. He gets into EVERYTHING!! I can't not watch him for a second. So much for the days of just laying him in one spot while I shower or get stuff done. Ahhh, the good old days!:) No really, I love this new stage. Lots of exploring and leaning!














This is so funny. He really wanted to try a piece of pineapple. I thought he would like it because he eats pineapple mixed with pear baby food. No Way! look at that face. He thought it was so gross!! And then when I ate it again I could tell how sour it must taste to him! No fresh pineapple anytime soon. *you can see his TWO little teeth in the bottom of his mouth*









Here are the men in red! Just a coincidence that they were all dressed alike! Henry, daddy, and Pop!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hope your little one is feeling better! He's gotten bigger so fast! We'll talk to you soon.

katy said...

You look so cute while catching that fish! It looks like you had a lot of fun! And Henry is adorable, I love the pineapple picture. :)