Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blessings

Today I sat in the recliner in the living room rocking. In my left arm my sweet baby girl was laying on my chest sleeping. In my right arm was my sweet baby boy laying there playing with my hair sucking on his passy. In that moment I was able to really see that "this is what life is all about". It was like I was able for just a moment to get a glimpse of the joy that God wants us to be able to experience. No matter if my house was clean or dirty, if the bills were paid or not, if we had lots of things of just enough to get by, at that moment non of that was even a thought. It was just my babies and the gift that they are right now. And how very blessed I am to have them. The miracle they are and how I wanted to remember them just as they were right then in my arms. The little baby smell that Lily has that doesn't last very long and the sweet innocence of Henry's sweetness and love. Words really can't express how that moment was. But I had to try because it was beautiful.........................

John 15:11
11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
The greatest gift you have given me is to hear and see the joy of being a mother that I have and was able to enjoy like you are. Of all my accomplisments, of all I have done, there is none that measure that moment, those many many moments you described in your blog today. And I promise, there will be many and each one will stay with you in your heart. And when the day comes that they are grown and wonderful adults you will look at them and have such a joyful feeling in your heart. Of all the gifts, you are receiving the best of the best and your babies, my grandbabie, are so very very very lucky, because it is that love and joy of being a mother that will over ride any and all mistakes we make along the way. I LOVE U SOOOOOO MUCH! Mom