Friday, February 27, 2009

Craziness...

Kids. :) So much fun. My life has really never been as fun or as unpredictable since they joined my life. I sit at their naptime and think about the day and boy, it's busy!! Today I went to the grocery at 8:45am so I could be home by Lily's naptime. We get to Kroger and I smell her the min. I got her out of her car seat. Yep, a blowout. Great. Well at least I had a change of clothes with me. So we hurry in, dirty baby in tow, independent two year old that wants to do all by himself "Henry do it", is his favorite phrase, holding the other hand. Only Henry has so much enthusiasm for life that rarely, and I mean RARELY does he walk. I'm not sure I ever see him walk. At this time he is galloping. That 's what I call it anyway. It somewhere between a skip and a run. Anyway that's what he is doing all the way through the parking lot. So into a cart, and we run to the back of the store to take care of miss poopy pants. We actually make it out of the store in 45 min. That's a record for me.

We get home and put Lily down for naptime, praying she gets in a good enough sleep because I"m meeting a friend for lunch at 12:30 and I need a good baby:) Well, 11:45pm rolls around and I decide to change my clothes, try to look presentable, and put on Henry's shoes and vest so that when Lily wakes up from her nap at 12:00 I can change her clothes and get on the road. Now Henry was already ready minus the shoes and jacket, that way I wouldn't have to worry about him. Right. Because I am so good at getting things together before I have to leave the house since it takes at least 10 minutes to get everything and everyone out and in their seats.....
Ok. So now I'm going to get myself presentable and then get Lily up and go. But where is sweet Henry??? Hmmmm, did I leave the bathroom door open..... yep. I walk in to find him sitting on the toilet, with the bottle of him shampoo/soap dumping it on his head. Only he had been there a minute because it is already all over his jeans and about half the bottle is on his head. Wow, not what I really wanted to fit into our time schedule. ( I say that as if we ever actually stick to a schedule when it comes to trying to do anything) And what does this very innocent two year old have to say for himself... "Soap in hair, soap in hair" yes, it is Henry. Only it's suppose to be in hair in the shower!! So stripped him down, he got in the shower, happily of course, and played/washed off while I swiftly changed shirts, got Lily up, changed her and then whisked him out of the shower and changed him. We actually got to lunch right on time. I have no idea how.

Then the dogs got out of the fence. Those mutts. So I got one of the dog back in the fence and in the house. Then I couldn't find dog #2, so I walked up the sidewalk barefoot, might I add, calling for silly dog #2, while he somehow made his was back into the neighbors yard and back into ours. So I get him in and shut the door to their room, so as not to yell and wake the babies that should have been sleeping. Only Lily was not, instead she figured how to pull up on the side of the crib and was standing their shrieking and playing with the bumper. Oh my, and then when she finally layed down and fell asleep the phone rang, and oh course I had left it in her room earlier and that woke her up. :) I mean really, I never knew what a full day could mean before I was a stay at home mom with two kids. Wow, I was lazy in my past life!!!:) And you know what, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wore me out just reading this...and to think I passed on the superwomen suit to you....I am so sorry about that but someone has to wear it....and the thing is, when it time to retire it, you really don't want to..so,enjoy the wonderful craziness you share with us, because you make it sound all so wonderful and bring such beauty to motherhood, even when I am sure you don't feel it... LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Mom