Friday, February 20, 2009

Pink day's a commen'

Oh my goodness, we are so excited. I have to admit I didn't know quite what to feel at first when we found out we were having a girl. Of course I was happy, but like I said, just didn't know how to feel. I was so sure, have always been so sure God had picked me to be the mama of lots of boys. I have always pictured my life that way. Crazy, rough little guys running around. Making sure they didn't break furniture or each other. So now, as I see a totally different turn God is taking my life I am soooo excited. And at first I think I was just shocked that I was so wrong about what my family was going to look like. But the idea of this adventure that I in no way planned for myself makes me so excited and ready. I can't believe I am going to have two little girls. I get to say "girls, get ready to go" or "girls come here" lol, that's so great to me. Now Henry will have to know, no matter what, how to treat a lady. Two to be exact. And he is going to be such a wonderful big brother. I always wanted a big brother when I was little and now these two sweet girls are going to have one, and the best one. They are blessed. I am really just tickled pink.

Speaking of little girls here is my princess. The down side of being number two when you a) have a brother that needs a lot and b) have a mama who is carrying your little sister is that you get to eat by yourself sometimes. And actually this is how she prefers to eat her bottles these days. What a life. She sits in the morning and drinks her bottle on her pretty little (big) pillow on the couch and watches cartoons with her brother. She wouldn't have it any other way. She is saying, "mom, don't even think about moving me "
Who knew that water outside of the bathtub could entertain a toddler for so long. He likes his bath time, but there is something even more wonderful about getting to play with it when your are clothed and not in the bathroom. I cleaned the entire kitchen, and I'm talking cleaned. Mopped, moved everything off the counters and disinfected, dishes, the works. The whole while Henry played in his water with dishes from his kitchen and his animals. I mean like for an hour. Yeah, that is nice:)










So Lily is not crawling, no sirree. BUT as of last week she is FINALLY getting into a sitting position from laying down all by herself. I found her like this Tuesday morning for the first time. What a little surprise:)















And I can't get over how much she is starting to look like her brother. Yes, a girl. Yes beautiful, and yes much more feminine. But she is Henry's sister no doubt. Doesn't this next baby have a chance not to look like this??







And I can't leave without paying homage to my poor hubby's ankle. A few weeks ago he fell and sprained his ankle very bad. Everyone, including the Dr. thought that it was broken, but it wasn't. Just severely sprained. He is almost back to normal but poor thing hobbled around for a while. Goodness!















1 comments:

katy said...

Henry sat STILL! ;) I'm going to have to look into this water thing... :D