Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Henry James

Wow, 3.... really? No one could have ever prepared me for how fast time flies once you have children. I heard it and heard it but now I understand. My happy, easy, chubby baby boy is most definitely not a baby anymore. Wow. He is a tall, friendly, chatty, sweet sweet, energetic "big boy"..... and really I'm just not ready. I have enjoyed every moment of his sweet life on this earth, and I am embracing this new stage. But if I could I think I'd keep him little for just a while longer :) But he is growing and oh how I have loved watching and getting to be his mama. I know I love him and I'm a bit bias but can I just tell you this boy has the sweetest spirit! He truly cares about people and their feelings. He really just wants to please and be helpful.

He is just so darn grown up acting. He is imagining things and playing with his toys now. I love it! Imaginative play is so fun for him and it's great he's at the point where he does it. He loves Thomas The Train, well anything to do with trains. He loves to "read", and can recite pretty much word for word a few of his books (the ones we read a lot) He likes to sing and dance. He also loves Toy Story and any kind of motor vehicles (esp trucks and planes) He is still a runner, climber, hopper, you name it he does it! Here are some of the things that he says all the time the crack me up
"I gotchu I gotchu girl" when holding his sisters
I love you .. (mama, daddy, We (lily) , baby callie)as he hugs you
Mama don't talk (not nice but so funny, I have to turn my head and smile before I correct him)
What are you doing?
I can't find it.... mama you find it
I'm awake! (from inside his room every morning)
You are a princess (when Lily or I have a dress on lol )
We're not going home (he hates to go home during the say when we are out)
It's going to be OK ( always the one to comfort)
Good job (fill in the blank) he is also an encourager! lol

I could write a book about my boy and how much I love him but that still would do. There is no way to communicate the love I have for my babies. So I will leave it at that! I love him, what a gift he is to this family!!

We celebrated his birthday three days in a row. On his actual birthday we took cupcakes to our play date and then that night we blew out more candles after our dinner. Then we ate Mexican the next night (yum!) and they sang to him in Spanish lol and then we had his family party the next day. I think he was getting use to having cake and candles every night!!






It isn't a birthday cake if you don't get to lick your candles!






Mouth full???




Playing with his drill, lol he likes tools too




Opening his Woody and Buss Light year, he loves these two figures!






Lily liked his party too, I'm sure she thought they toys were for her too!




























Fun book that has all kinds of vehicles and the sounds they make. He always wants to take this in the car but then pushes the siren button all the time and I am constantly thinking that a police if getting me... no more book in the car!!

Lily likes the workbench too!









This is what the girls thought of his cupcakes!





Happy birthday Henry! We love you!














1 comments:

katy said...

Aww, happy birthday, Henry! It looks like he had a great few days celebrating his birthday.