Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dr. Jeckle, Mrs. Hide?

My sweet princess. She is such a blessing to this home. And she has brought lots of femininity to our family as well as much drama? I guess that might go hand in hand though. Let me tell you I have never seen such a dramatic baby in my life. Really. She encompasses all it means to be a female. I don't mean that in a bad way but she does. And at this point I'm not quite sure how to handle it. She throws monster fits every 30 minutes, all day long, like it's her job. About everything. She likes to be held, a lot. And if for some reason you can pick her up then it's all out screaming for like 20 minutes. She HATES to have her clothes put on/ taken off her. She flails and screams for like 20 minutes. She wants to play with everything whenever she wants it. And if for some reason she can't , say Henry is playing with it, then she screams, for like 20 minutes. Do you see a pattern here?? Yeah, she never just cries. She screams, and cries, and just throws a fit. I have to put my hands in the air because I've never had to deal with this before. And the recently, and I blame this on her HUGE swollen gums in the back, she just cries for no apparent reason. So that leaves us with a sweet, adorable, bundle of joy who is only joyful for less than 50% of the day:) poor girl. I have to hope that when her premolars break through the unnecessary crying with cease. But what to do with all the other extreme behavior. I have no idea:) girls girls, they are a whole new playing field. Whoever said girls were easier than boys is crazy.

Here is my sweety playing quietly and happily in the cabinet. Oh and check out the cute bow in her hair. You can't see it that well. I wish I had a better camera to get a better picture of it. But i got these off the Internet and they are adorable and amazing!! If you have a little girl with fine/ not much hair then you would love these!!! They are made specifically for that kind of hair and say put!! They won't come out until you take them out. The website is prettypetalshairclips.com. I have just fell in love with them and the fact she can wear little bows all the time now:) yay:)










Lily is also almost 14 months, which is sooo hard to believe. Here are some 14 month old fact about Lily for those of you who don't get to see her AND for a mommy who's memory and brain cells are fading fast:)
Lily is NOT walking yet. She has six weeks to learn and I'm doubting that will be happening!!
Some of Lily's words are... mama, dada, dog, hi, (she loves to say hi) nononono, (it super cute when she says this) She is wayyy more verbal then her brother was at this age.
She loves her dolls. She loves them and hugs them and pats their backs. I love to see the maternal instinct's come out so young. The only thing Henry wanted to do with dolls is throw them across the floor:)
She loves her bed and to sleep. By the time nap time/ bedtime rolls around she is reaching for her bed.
She doesn't handle pain very well:) Where as Henry could have had a concussion and you wouldn't have known it, Lily bumps into something and you would have though someone stabbed her. Really.
She likes to wave at people and at herself in the mirror.
She is most cuddly right after bath time. She isn't super cuddly, but right when you get her out of the bath and wrapped up in her towel, all the wants to do is wrap her arms around your neck and lay her sweet head on your shoulder and hug really tight. It's a super sweet time:)
I am very blessed with this little girl. God is using her to teach me so much about myself. It's a humbling experience to say the least.


3 comments:

Jackie Bragg said...

Girls, girls, girls..aren't they fun! I must say they have a mind of their own and are pretty particular about things. I know it will get easier, hopefully before precious Callie comes along. Best of luck. It was fun getting to see you guys at church today. I would love to get together and let the kids play soon. I hope you feel better soon!

Abby said...

I know girls :-)... My advice is to act like you're deaf when she's throwing tantrums for no good reason (ie: getting dressed :-) It doesn't take much time for them to figure out that more drama doesn't fix their problems. not that she won't keep a bit of flare, but I bet you can get it a little more under control in 5 weeks (don't we hope!!!!)

Good luck. I still think boys are harder physically, but girls seem to take a little more brain power sometimes. Especially emotionally!!

Good thing you're such a good mama!

katy said...

Kendra had a really really really hard time from 13-14 months. Then she started walking and her molars broke through, and it got much much easier. I hope the same is true of Lily! :)