Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hilton Head pt 1

We are home. Ahhh, it actually feels great! We just got back last night from our vacation on Hilton Head Island, SC. It's one of our favorite places to go!! You can bet I wan't going to miss the beach, even if I am 35 week pregnant! We left last Friday around 12:30pm. Our ride down there was, well, lets just say Lily has never been one for travel:) I've known that since she was a screaming newborn. It's just not her thing. But we made it there in one piece. And boy were we glad to be there!! Let me just say the one thing I miss more than anything is my bed there. I haven't slept like that in months. I still hurt but when I was sleeping I was soooo comfy:)
The two pictures below are the only two I could get of these kids actually sleeping in the car. Wait, no. The one of Henry is him pretending to sleep. Since this one didn't take a nap in the car at all. It was fine for him though because he is a great traveler and was very good. Here is Lily sleeping for one of her few 10 minute stretches. Her problems isn't falling asleep. It is staying asleep. She is a light sleeper plus the face she wants to be laying down, with her sound machine and blanky. The car seat just doesn't do it for her:)
Once we got there we moved them both to the third row seat, very close together. We went with Lovie and Pop, Kyles parents. So we thought that way the adults could sit in the from two rows. Ummm, yeah not such a good idea with a one and two year old. Ha, that lasted about two days.
And Lily was in a not so pleasant mood about 50% of the time.








As you can see. She was not thrilled. I know she cut two premolars while we were there and poor little lady had all the side effects that could be felt. :(





BUT.... she loved the beach!! Actually the water in general. She loved to play in it and try to swim. She was actually frustrated when we were in the pool and we wouldn't just let go of her and "let her swim". Hard headed thing:)





Loving the tide pools at the beach!



She loves the pool "this much" lol





The beach where we stay is so pretty and nice. I love the smell of the ocean!!!

Coming down the boardwalk to the beach







Where we stayed





This is just the tip of the iceberg, more to come:)




























0 comments: