Thursday, April 17, 2008

We need to guard our hearts....

I couldn't have said it better myself. So I just copied and pasted this so that you all could read it. It was just posted by one of my dear friends.

"Time to say goodbye
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.No, I'm not saying goodbye to blogging, nor am I dying of an incurable disease (not that I know about!). I'm saying goodbye to Oprah. Sound weird? Well, her recent political ties only hurt my opinion of her, but recently she's been focusing tons of her time on the new book "A New Earth". Not only is she pushing the book, but she's doing e-classes on it with the books author, Eckhart Tolle. I see this as one of the biggest dangers in our society today, especially with women who think of Oprah as someone who can do no wrong.I think it's about time for Christians to stop turning a deaf ear to what Oprah says. I think it's time to turn off the TV. I'm not saying ALL TV (although I'm sure that's a good idea). I'm mainly talking about the Oprah show itself, but even Oprah's Big Give. I have a feeling that Christian stay at home moms make up over 50% of her viewing audience. If we would stand up for what we believe in we would have a HUGE impact on her market. We ARE her market!Watch this and see what you think. It's pretty incredible!http://youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA"

0 comments: