Sunday, August 17, 2008

The fair and such..

This weekend has been really nice. We took Henry to the fair yesterday while my mom watched Lily. We had such a great time with him. We stayed for a little over two hours and he did great!!! Then that night Kyles parents watched both kids and I went on a hot date:) with my hubby. We had a great time. All we ever really do is eat dinner ( not in 20 seconds, trying to finish before one of the babies breaks down ) and then run around. Sometimes we go to Lowes, sometimes Walmart. :) But it's always nice to have that one on one time with him. I think it's sooo important for parents to take time out and just be a couple, that way the whole family stays strong:)
Last week I was feeling bad for Henry. He gets sooo board at home all the time. He is very active and is very interested in everything, besides his toys actually. So on Thursday I was reading how toddlers love to learn about colors and textures. That made since. So I pulled out some beans. About three different kids of beans and some little dishes from his little kitchen. He had a blast!! He picked up, felt, and poured beans for about 45 minutes. The whole while I was able to cook dinner without a board one year old at my feat. It was really nice. Yep I am still finding a few beans here and there but hey! it was totally worth it. I bought some play dough for another time, we will see how that goes over. And yes, he did try to eat them at first but found out fast that they were better to play with then eat!:)





Fun times at the fair. Since Lily wasn't with us we let Henry out of the stroller a lot. He really had a lot of fun.
And he thought the cows were pretty interesting. As well as the hay, and their water troughs and the fan:)




I think he really liked the mules and jacks. They were my favorite too!






We made sure to see all the lives stock. We also saw the roosters, chickens, goats, bunnies, and sheep. I thought the roosters were really fun because there are about 500 kinds of roosters and some of them are very designer and fancy. I can't believe I didn't take any rooster pictures!! After that we followed our noses to the line of food vendors outside. Oh I just love the smell of fair food. It is the best. It's lots of popcorn, cotton candy, fried food of all kinds, and sausages all mixed together for a truly yummy smell. So we indulged in the wide variety of food and listened to a bluegrassy band play. Henry walked up to the stage and watched them play (he loves instruments and music) and danced along to the music. He was so cute.
After that we hit the midway for some rides before heading home. Henry loved the carousel. He was getting a little board just sitting on the horse waiting for it to start but as soon as it started he just squealed for joy. He loved it. And it was fast. I was standing next to him and when it started it almost through me off my feet!! Henry thought it was the best.


This was another favorite! The boats. He had a blast!! It had a steering wheel that he could "steer" and a bell with a string on it that he could ding. He was such a big boy riding that!!!







As you can see by the end he was beat. This was in the rotating pumpkins. Yeah, after this we were DONE! And ready to barf if I remember right:)
It was fun though. I love the fair and hope my kids will grow up with fun memories of it as well!














3 comments:

Katie R said...

the fair pics are cute. Your kiddos are so cute!!! I saw this http://kirstencan.typepad.com/kirstencan/2008/08/getting-our-hands-messy---and-clean.html and thought of Henry. It was wonderful to see you. Talk to you soon!

katy said...

Cute pictures. :) It looks like you all had such a good time!

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

I love the beans! I will have to get ideas from you about entertaining toddlers b/c Sadie Beth is already the same way. You are such a good mom! see you soon!