Thursday, August 21, 2008

Those days......

Well it's been a rough few days. My camera is dead and I can't find the charger. Sooo no pictures, yet. I will find it soon!!!!!! Anyway, I've been going through some rough patches with Henry. What can I say really?? He is not too far away from two and I just think that he is moving into a new stage and I was taken just a bit off guard. For about four days I really felt like the worst mom ever. I mean I had no idea how to deal with him. And then when we would be out I couldn't help but think every other mom around me was thinking.. oh my gosh, get your kid under control!! :) I know I shouldn't care but that's how I felt. But I have prayed A LOT about it. I've read some and make kind of a game plan. I feel better. Poor Henry does too. I'm sure that he has felt my frustration and anxiety and it has just added to his behavior. :) I also remember he is Henry. He isn't anyone elts. He is a crazy, full of energy, dangerous, dare devil, live life to the fullest boy. And I really love that about him. I just have to figure out how to teach him and discipline the behavior that isn't acceptable. Oh the frustrations of motherhood.
You know I say that but my whole life I couldn't wait to have these frustrations of motherhood. And I wouldn't give any of it up. It's just a learning experience and we will carry on. Last night and today have been a million times better. I think even the little things I am implementing are working. That's always nice. I also have started putting him down for his nap a little later. The worst part of his day is from about 4-7 pm. Basically right after he gets up from his nap till "down time". So yesterday he didn't go to bed until 2 (it's usually 1 ) because we were at a friends house. Well he slept until five and was WONDERFUL the rest of the night. So I waited until then to put him down today to see if it has the same effect. Let's hope so.
Also, today I got two great deals. Apparently (I had no idea about it) there is a second hand sale in middletown for two days twice a year. It is a huge gymnasium filled to the brim with second hand baby and children's things. Everything is there. Anyway we have been needing to buy another high chair. I've been putting it off because I knew we didn't need it yet. But now Lily will start solids probably next month or so, so we needed to get on that. Well I found an awesome Chico highchair, in great condition, for $35. The same one I got retailed for $140!! And I have been wanted to get Lily a play gym for the floor. I wasn't too impressed with the one we had for Henry. Anyway I found a baby Einstein aquarium one that it awesome for $25, it retailed brand new for $70!! I'm not the best second hand shopper. I don't go out to yard sales, I just don't have the patience for stuff like that. But I was very excited about those bargains!!:)
Well that is about it!! Pictures coming very soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, hang in there! All moms go thru this...even the ones who stare, and act as tho thier kids never throw a fit! You are a great mother. You are doing the right thing, by trying new things with henry, instead of expecting him to just always be the same. He is a growing boy and will go thru many changes emotionally and physically. So keep up the good work, and keep seeking the Lord in this like you have been doing. We love you guys! Amy

Jackie Bragg said...

I am glad to hear it is getting better. I remember going through that stage with Addie and feeling the exact same way! Prayer is the key! I hope things continue to improve. What was the name of the consignment sale? I went to one today - it was the last day so everything was 50% off - it was great! The one I went to was called Little Treasures at Basketball Academy. I love shopping at those kinds of places -great bargains! See you soon.