Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Smile Award



I think this is great. I've never heard of it before I read Katie's blog but I love it. First off I'd like to thank Katie for presenting me with this award. The word you wrote really mean a lot. I often wonder if I'm able to really get how I am feeling across in my blog and I'm so happy that you get out of it what I am trying to convey. I do love my family and God that much. Probably more than I will ever be able to express!! Katie I would have put you in my five but since you are the giver I will say that you deserved this sooo much. I love how much you love your Kendra. I love how real you are in your blog, sharing your thoughts, fears, and joyous moments. I can see through your blog how much you care about your family and what a Godly woman you are. I'm so glad after all these years I can share this with you!!

So without further adu, I will present my five.....

My duty now is to grant this award to 5 blogger friends...These are the rules:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator the babblings of mere

2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.

3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself

4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.

5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.

6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.

7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)

2. Must love one another

3. Must make mistakes

4. Must learn from others

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world

6. Must love life

7. Must love kids

Abby: My sweet friend Abby. We have been friends for a little over a year but it seems like so much longer. She has been strength for me when I've been down, stressed, etc. She gives the best parenting advise!!! She loves her girls and husband with all her heart and you can tell just by reading her words or being around her. She loves God and is always seeking Him in her life. How refreshing it is to have a friend who you respect so much!!! Her blog ALWAYS makes me smile!

Blair: Blair and I were best friends way back in middle school. We lost touch and found each other, well, a little over a year ago.:) It has been a blessing to be able to go though the smiles and tears of motherhood with her. She is a strong, loving woman of God. She takes such good care of her daughter and family, it is apparent in all that she does!! Love you Blair!

Jackie: Jackie and I have only known each other a short time. I went to Christian Academy in middle school and then she went in high school .So we missed each other. But through the other girls we have met and gotten to know each other. It is apparent in Jackie's life, blog, and comments that she just loves being a mommy. She takes such delight in her little girl and she has another on the way. She always makes sure to give the praise right back to God and I love that!! I think we find similar joy taking care of our little ones. It is a joy reading about her everyday joys of being a mom

Amy: Amy is my husbands cousin... so I guess my cousin too:) They live all the way in Maryland so I don't get to see them very often. But she has four adorable kids and is such a strong Christian. I love her family and am so glad she has started blogging!!! Amy loves kids, and her kids. She always takes time to know what is going on with us and to celebrate the life God has given us and herself!

Emily: Emily is a "comperter friend". I found her blog though a friend and we I have gotten to know her that way. She is quite an amazing girl. She is my age but has been through so much more than I ever would hope too. She has two little girls and her third went to be with Jesus only five days after she was born. Through all her trial she has been sooo faithful. She has given God the praise and honor for all her girls, even the small amount of time spent with her third girl. How hard that would be. And through it all she has found joy. Now they are in the process of adopting. I have learned a lot about faith from this new friend!!

I love you all! Every one of you out there in the blogger world and the ones that just read. May the joy of the Lord find you!!!

1 comments:

The Wightman Family said...

Hey Jen! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad to be a "blogger" now too! After all the kids go back to school, i hope to start sharing alot more about myself and my relationship with the Lord! I too feel there is not enough words to describe what He means to me. But the words to an old song bring it close. It goes something like this......"amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now i see!" Hallelujah! Take care! love, Amy