Thursday, August 28, 2008

Henry James...

Oh my Henry. It's hard to believe that in two days he will be 20 months old. 20 months sounds so much older than 19months. :) And it's even harder to believe that he will be two in four months. Wow.
My crazy wonderful child. He has brought more joy and utter delight in my life. More than I was even prepared for. Thank you God!!!

Yesterday, I started time out with him. I have to use our pack and play right now because he really is too little to expect him to sit in a "time out chair" right now. He would think it was a game. But anyway, he had to go there three times yesterday. He really hated it. I'm glad, because I was worried he wouldn't care and then back to square one:) But it was so sad because it is set up in our room. And so I picked him up to get him dressed because we were headed out. Well I took him into our room because I keep some of his clothes in there, and the minute we went in the room he started to cry and say "no, no, no". I realized after a moment that he thought he was going back in time out:) I just said "no hunny, you didn't do anything wrong. No time out now" and he stopped as soon as he realized that was not why we were there. I felt so bad for him. But, he did remember,and he really doesn't like it!!

The other night we were getting ready for bath time and I had stripped Henry down and left for a second to grab his towel. Well he decided to get in the tub, and then into Lily's baby tub(I had just finished bathing her). It's so funny to see him in that, he's so big!! He got a great kick out of it though.

Here he is just lounging...

And that sweet angelic face:) He is actually looking at the faucet to make sure I wasn't turning the shower on. We have one of those plastic ducks that cover the facet. Well in order to turn the shower on you have to take the duck off. Henry HATES the shower. So anytime you touch the duck he is on alert!




And I think the same day, he woke up from his nap a little wet so I took his clothes off so I could take them to the laundry. Well he proceeded to take off his diaper and go running through the house. I caught up to him as he was trying to climb under the coffee table to get away from me.Those evil clothes!





And today we went to my friend Sarah's house. We did our usual walk (which was by the way three miles!!) and then went in for lunch and some play time. Henry loves to play with Josh. Josh is eight months older than Henry but they get along great. Actually, today Henry was a little lethargic and Josh was the wild man:) Kinda weird, must be a full moon:) That never happens.
Here they are sharing Joshs' chair. They were so cute. I think Elmo was on and Henry was very into it!




What a cute little guy!! Don't I just lovem!!!!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I found your blog through another blog!! Your little ones are precious! Anyway I thought it was neat to find some more mom's from Louisville!!

Jenn's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.