Monday, August 25, 2008

"Go go"

I have read this book............ um 2000 times in the past three weeks. It is Henry's absolute favorite book ever. When we are sitting down before nap or bedtime he will say "go go" and then go find his book. It is the only one he ever wants to read. :) The ONLY one. And if he's lucky for bedtime sometimes he can talk both daddy and I to read it to him. That's right he will listen to it over and over again if you will read. It's so funny how they get stuck on little things for a long time. I think it's adorable. (except the fact that I think I could recite the whole book to year without looking at one page!)
Henry is also just exploding with his words. Now can we understand everything, no:) And his words aren't exactly pronounced correctly but he is sure trying really hard. Here are some examples I don't want to every forget.

"bubba" = The name of one of our dogs. He call all dogs bubba.
"gog" = also dog
"baby or "bebe" = baby, he LOVES baby's. He also says this and will run to Lily's door to try to go get her when she is napping.
"cock" = sock, we are working on this one really hard :) lol
"shoosh" = shoes, he really likes his shoes along with everyone elts.
"crack" = cracker
" peeeeeees" = Please, and yes he draws it out almost every time.
"no" = no, he loves this word!!
"momo"/ "emo": Elmo, loves him some Elmo.
"mama": Oh yeah, he JUST started this. He has been saying Dad/Dada since before he was one and knew who it meant. But just this month has he started to say mama and know that it is me. I am so very happy!!!
"Ba ba" = Drink. I think this is interesting since the only time I said ba ba is when he was weaned at eight months and he only took a bottle for three months so I didn't say it all that long. But now that what he calls his drink. Guess he was soaking up things even then. :)
" mine" = Binky. Yep that is what he calls his binky. I think it is adorable. He know what binky means because if you ask him to go get his binky then he will go find it. But when he takes about it it is his "mine".
"nana, pap, pop, .... he is working on Lovey." all his grandparents he has down pat.
" shosh" = his buddy Josh, he just loves him to pieces.
" uck" = truck. he loves is daddys big truck.
"tos"= toes, he loves his toes
"iiiiiiiii" = eye, as he pokes his finger in your eye.
............ oh there are more but that would take days. I do l0ve this age, even with the days like I stated before, I love him to pieces!!!

3 comments:

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

how fun! Henry is growing up so fast!

katy said...

So cute! I love the baby words. :)

Anonymous said...

How very sweet! Those words are so cute! I hope you wrote them down in his baby book. I can't wait to see him and Lily!

Krystal