Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

You know I really can't wait to see what this year has in store. I was thinking about this in our Sunday school class today. I think back over 2008 and all the things that happened that were not on our to do list. But it was a blessed year full of blessing only the Lord could place in our lives. And situations that made us stronger believers and people. I know things will happen. Heck they already have and just that almost stole my joy right before Christmas. But when this news came to us I learned a lot about what a different person that I need to be. I did NOT let is steal my joy and it really opened my eyes to the long road I have ahead of me, to learn to lean completely on the Lord and not my own understanding. So there are lots I'd like to see happen this year. I should make a list. But most of all I need to fill up with Jesus. Fill up with his word, have solitude with just Him so that I can really commune with Him, and build my relationship with Him. Because I have a feeling that the stronger and closer my personal relationship is the easier it will be to give it all to Him and stop panicking and worrying over things that I truly have no control over (nor do I REALLY want that control)

So here we come 2009, and I feel very positive about it!! No matter what lie ahead I do know that I want to praise the Lord when things are good and lean on him and praise his name when things aren't. We sand "blessed be your name" today in church and I can't think of a more appropriate song for how I'm feeling.
Blessed Be Your NameIn the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flowBlessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your nameWhen I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wildernessBlessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, LordStill I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your nameWhen the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your nameOn the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, LordStill I will say
Blessed be the name of the LordBlessed be Your nameBlessed be the name of the LordBlessed be Your glorious name

1 comments:

katy said...

What a sweet post. I hear you on filling up with Jesus. How easy is it for us to let small things take over our lives?! Thanks for sharing!