Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy two years sweet boy!

Henry
Today (Dec. 31st) two years ago our lives changed forever. We could have never ever prepared for the challenges, joy, love and change that we were getting ready to experience. You were our first, handmade, gift from the Lord. And boy did he bless us! We couldn't believe it when we saw you for the first time, and every single day we can't believe how much joy you bring to our lives. I really can't believe you are two!! These past two years have just flown by. It just seems like yesterday that you were my baby. Just a little baby boy needing me all the time. Now you are so grown up. You will always be my baby, but you are such a big boy these days. You love and insist on doing most thing by yourself. You are so independent! You keep me on my toes and are never at a loss for energy. You have so much energy!!! I love to hear you talk. The things you say are so funny! Everyday is an adventure with you. Your daddy and I feel so lucky to be your mama and daddy. We love you sweet boy and pray that you will know our love and even more than that you will know how much Christ loves you and follow the amazing plan we know he has for your life!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our day was so much fun! Henry woke up and I made him pancakes, that is his favorite! We played all morning and then around lunch time I started to make his cake and daddy took him to McDonald's for a yummy happy meal. Then when he got up from his nap all our family came over and we celebrated the day we all were introduced to this amazing little guy. We ate corn beef and cabbage and black eyed peas and corn bread. It was yummy! And then we sang happy birthday and ate his Finding Nemo cake. It was my first cartoon cake and I was pleased with how it turned out! He had fun playing with the few toys he got and some books. We didn't get him many toys because boy. after Christmas who needs many more toys? But everyone pitched in and we ordered his big boy bedding for his new big boy room! It will be so cute. I can't wait to do it. We will probably be moving him in Feb. to his new bed. That will be an adventure all it own:)
I can't believe I have a two year old now!! Crazy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things about Henry as a two year old
*he insist on doing things all by himself or helping me.
*he now puts himself to bed. lol after reading his books and praying he takes his blanky and kisses everyone in the room "night" and then walks into his room and tries to climb into his crib. I never thought I'd see that day!
*he talks all the time! some of his favorite phrases are "oh man" "i don't know" "watch nemo" "mama" "I do it" and so many more.
*he LOVES music and dancing. really he is obsessed
*he eats everything EXCEPT veggies. Really, he won't touch the stuff!
*he loves his little sister, even when he gets a surge of testosterone and wants to bulldoze her he still loves her;)

Here are some fun pics of the day!









It's so funny because he much have re lit and blown out his candles about a hundred times. Last year he was so afraid of the candle now he is obsessed with blowing out candles and flames.







5 comments:

Abby said...

Annie LOVED blowing her candles out at her 2nd birthday. However, I had a 16 day old and didn't have the energy to light them over and over :-)

Raining Crafts & Dogs said...

Happy birthday to Henry!

Jackie Bragg said...

How fun! I am glad you guys had a wonderful time. Happy birthday Henry! Great job on the cake, I would love to learn how to do that.

katy said...

happy birthday Henry! The cake looked amazing! Great job!

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Your cake is so cute!!! I love it. :)