Thursday, January 22, 2009

27 wonderful years........

That's about all I can think about today is how very very blessed I have been with the 27 years I have had on this earth. What a life I have!! I look around and am truly amazed at His handy work and fingerprints the Lord has left on me. They always say it's the easiest to see God's work in hindsight. I see it in the present but boy do I see it looking back over my life. The way he cradled me in his hands even when I had no idea, even when I didn't deserve it. The provisions that he created to make mistakes absolute miracles and blessing. Only the Lord could do that. And I am so thankful that He is my shepherd. That I am His and that I am the only Jennifer Lee Armour that he has ever made. Yesterday in my Bible study at church, it is on Psalm 23, we are leaning about peace. The whole study is trading panic for peace in your life. But in the very first line the entire theme is that peace is a person not a state of mind. Peace is found in Jesus Christ not in what in happening in your life at the moment. And I have to tell you that I have never been more happy for Christ to be there, to be my peace, than yesterday when thinking about that. Because our lives are so unpredictable. Who knows what we will face, what heart-breaks, what sorrows. But to know, in the midst of it all , my peace is not controlled by those things, but by my maker, who loves me more than I can ever imagine. Yes, my life is good. My life is WONDERFUL.

1 comments:

katy said...

Happy Birthday!