Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quiet thoughts

It's 11:30pm. It's my quiet time. My sweet family are fast asleep in bed. I'm sure Henry is curled up with his blanket and binky, with his butt in the air. Lily is snoozing, sucking on her index finger and ring finger. It's very cute because when she sucks on those fingers she makes the I love you sign. So cute. And Kyle is hopefully asleep (I'm sure he is it takes him .1 seconds to fall asleep once in bed) And I'm hanging out getting ready to feed Lily her "dream feed" and then climb into bed myself. She is doing so good. Her bedtime is around 9:00 pm. I feed her at 11:30 (she doesn't really wake up though) and then she is good until around 8:00 am. She does, occasionally, wake up around 3 or 4 and want to be flipped onto her belly, but it only last for about two minutes. I can deal with that. So good job Lily for now :) I know it can change in a blink of an eye.

Can I just share how much I love my children. I'm sitting here and am just overwhelmed with my sweet blessings. The little jewels that God has placed in my life. I really try so hard to soak it all up. The little, wonderful, things about my babies. Henry is starting to talk, A LOT! It just might be the cutest thing yet. His hair is getting so light from being out in the sun. I really must get his hair cut soon, it's getting a little out of control ;) but still cute as can be. And his little legs are so tan. (yes, I use sunscreen) He is still my little love bug. Henry is a very busy little guy, but he still loves to love, and I just love that.

Sweet Lily is such a little precious lady. She smiles at everyone. Such the friendly girl. (as long as she isn't hungry or tired) When she smiles, it is like it just explodes out of her face. It grows from a little smirk to the huge smile that covers her face. Her little eyes just sparkle. Such joy in that small face. I love when you look into the eyes of your children. Their eyes say so much.You can see so much through them. Such love and trust when they are this small. Nothing compares to that, nothing even comes close to the joy of my children. You could have never, ever, prepared me for the impact being a mom would have on my life. I don't even know if you can explain it completely to a person, I think it's something that has to be experienced.

When I think about the abundant love I have for my children and compare that to how much God loves me, it takes my breath away. To think that I am His daughter and the love He has for me, wow. I didn't even create my children, really. We did some work but.... God, he did the really amazing part. I can never claim that I knit anyone together in the womb. But God, yeah he can. He CREATED me, every inch of me. How much more he must love me than I can ever love anyone. I only pray that people can find that truth because how can you ever be alone knowing someone out there loves you and knows you that much. It is truly amazing.

OK it's feeding time. And I must confess, yes it is late. But I love this feeding. I think I might be a little sad when it goes. I love how quiet the house is. Rocking my sweet girl, while she eats, studying every little inch of her round head and little ears. Just being close to her. It's a spacial time. Love you all and sleep well.

2 comments:

Jackie Bragg said...

That is sooo sweet! I don't think a mother's love could ever be explained until you experience it yourself. I am so happy for you, enjoy every minute.

BabyCollier said...

Wow she's gotten big! More picture more pictures!!! :) I totally agree with you- the love you have for your child/children is something you can't even touch with words. It's deep and sacred. Hope you're all doing well!
-S