Sunday, July 20, 2008

Amen

Wow, I have to talk about how great and a blessing church was today. It is always, and I am so blessed to have found a church home that really speaks the truth of the Word and glorifies God. But this sermon series has been especially moving. It has been on idolatry and how there are tons of idols in our lives that are competing with God to be the Lord of our lives.
Last week Kyle talked about how God is a jealous God and we are made for Him. For fellowship and worship. We were made to love God and that's what he wants. I thought this very touching because the idea that we were made to fellowship with God is very powerful. Really that is the answer to the question SOOOOO many people have. We are trying to hard to find the "meaning of life" and here it is. Almost too simple.
Anyway, today he went on to talk about how it is so easy to put God on a "love seat" in your heart instead of the throne. To want to care for him in your life as well as other things, and that just isn't possible. He will not hesitate to put himself in direct competition with things you love in your life to make sure He still is number one in your life. And with me I really take that to heart. It would be soooo easy for me to put my family and children in that throne instead of the One who entrusted them to me. I really have to watch it so that I don't love the gift more than the giver.
And then, for the last two services we have been worshiping God at the end of the service as well as at the beginning and I just LOVE it. It has been so powerful to not see people running out early and everyone lifting their voices to the most powerful Lord who deserves nothing less. It has been such a blessing.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday today and remembers in the midst of enjoying gifts that God has given us, to look past them and remember who gives them to us and recognize Him for who He is.
I just love the lyrics to this song, they really speak to me!

All My Praise
by: Selah

I will follow You through green pastures
And sing hallelujah to Your Name
I will follow You through dark disaster
And sing hallelujah through the pain
And even in the shadow of deathI will praise You
And even in the valley I will say
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise

You are seated on your throne in heaven
And You see all of us down here
And You have promised You will not abandonSo I shall not fear
And even in the shadow of death I will praise You
And even in the valley I will say
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praiseY

You made every starAnd You taught it how to shine
You knew my name before there was time
And all this was just part of Your glorious design
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise
Holy, My GodYou are worthy of all my praise

0 comments: