Thursday, September 25, 2008

Better... much better

:) Today is already 1000x better and it's only 12pm. God knows what I need and I needed a morning like this. I prayed that I wouldn't let yesterday squander today. That I would let this be a new day and that's exactly what we have done. Henry is being his sweet old self and Kyle got a good night sleep last night and is back at work today. I'm pretty sure that he had food poisoning or something like that because it hit, it was bad, and then it went away. That, or some kind of fast virus. Who knows. But he is feeling much better today.

I just happened upon a new idea for feeding Henry. Sometimes he is a great eater, sometimes not so much. And it's really hard to get him to try new things. (a true toddler for ya) But a mom friend of mine has three under three. So two toddlers. And she feeds them in the funniest ways, or so I thought. And when I read what she did I was the first to be like..."right, I don't think so" but then I got thinking about it. Know first hand, toddlers LOVE choices. They like to feel like they have some control over the situation. And in some cases that OK and really healthy for them to have that. So anyway, my friend feeds her kids a lot of different things at one time. She will make a plate and put about four our five (or more) small amounts of things on the plate. That way she covers most of the food groups and puts new things on there as well.

So for lunch Henry had, one chicken nugget, cheese (he loves shredded cheese) about four pretzel sicks, two whole grain crackers with peanut butter between them,a apple slice, and get this , a hard boiled egg!! Now if I had just offered him the egg he would have promptly thrown it on the floor. And if he only had one thing and lots of pretzels he would have eaten the pretzels and then thrown a fit wanted more. But because he had so many great choices he just moved from thing to thing happily discovering what was next. And then in the middle of eating everything elts he would stick a pretzel in the yolk part of the egg and eat it. Then he would pick it up and break off a piece and eat the white. After it was all over he had eaten everything and finished 1/3 of the egg. That was huge!! So I am thinking I really like this method of feeding. Especially lunch since I seem to have a hard time getting him to eat really healthy food for lunch. :)

Well I'm off to spend some quality time with my man before nap time. :) Bye!!

0 comments: