Wednesday, September 17, 2008

hard times

Hello! We are here. It has been a little rough patch recently. You remember that I said that I just tend not to write when things are tough, yeah so I haven't really written lately.
I suppose Henry is teething. That's my educated guess anyway.:) I know he is cutting his two year molars (Yikes!) and I think that has my little guy all out of sorts. I mean it when I tell you that he has whined/cried around the clock for the past week almost. He also isn't getting great sleep because I think his teeth wake him up. So he is always in a state of being tired. And I feel so bad because #1, I know he is uncomfortable. He is usually a happy guy so I know something is wrong. #2, crying around the clock can make you feel like you are loosing your mind. I don't feel like a great mommy when I am on the verge of pulling my hair out. #3, I hate that him being so whiny can affect the way I handle him. I don't like to be THAT MOM who is fussing/raising my voice at my kids all day. And when it comes down to it, on those days, that what I feel like I'm doing. :(

And then there is the aggression. I know, as I write it I know kids go through it but I hate it. Henry has started to push some of the kids down when we are at playgroups. It is worse when he is like he is now but I know that is just unacceptable. I'm trying to figure out the best form of discipline and it's a little rough. Anyone out there find a strategy that worked for their children?? (sorry Amelia, he really does love you)

But all in all we are hanging in there. There are still really great moments throughout the day and I still thank the Lord, even in the midst of the "pain" for these precious lives he has put me in charge of. Lily is doing great:) She loves her cereal and it getting really good at actually eating it. I hope all have power right now, and I'm so sorry for those that don't. We only lost it for about 8 hours the day of the wind storm so we were fortunate.

Lots of love from the Armour household, hope everyone is great!! And I am loving this cooler weather. Bring on the fall!! I can't wait!!!!

1 comments:

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Poor Henry! And poor Jenn having to deal with grumpy Henry! It's kindof funny I can see myself dealing with some of the same things when Sadie Beth gets a little older because she already shows signs of a temper and it is HARD to know what to do with an aggressive little 1 year old who is as sweet as sugar most of the time! I just got a book today at Half Price Books called "Baby Blessings" and it is a "faith based" parenting guide...we'll see if I find the magic answer or not. Probably not. :) I'll let you know.